Over the last 17 years of travel I have had many opportunities to observe airport fashion. How can I be comfortable but still look stylish? What accessories will complete my travel look? How many shoes do I need to take? Fret no more as I am an expert when it comes to looking fab on your travels.
- Always carry a pair of dark glasses in my carry-on luggage, they are a stylish winner when you land and look knackered.
- Wear jeans or leggings they look great and keep your legs warm. Absolutely NO TRACK SUIT OUTFITS! Leggings are great because you can team them with a dress. If you get hot or land at a hot destination you can take them off and still look fabulous in your dress.
- The right jacket can finish of an outfit and look suitably stylish for the travelling fashionista. Choose a neutral colour goes with loads of outfits. I wear leather or a jean jacket when travelling, more versatile and robust.
- Fashion error I see often is travelers wearing shoes that don’t match their outfits. Best combination of style and comfort are a neutral pair of women’s pumps or for men a funky pair of trainers. These can easily be slipped on or off at security and on the plane.
- Planes can be very erratic when it comes to temperature regulation so bring a blazer and a patterned scarf to throw over your shoulders if you get cold.
- A tip for long-haul flights is to pack a pair of yoga pants and a comfortable t-shirt or jumper in your carry-on luggage. Wear this secondary outfit for the duration of the flight, changing back into your stylish clothes just before the plane lands.
- Then walk off the plane with confidence in perfect looking clothes. It will make the world of difference to your look and you will see people wondering just how you manage to look SO good after such a long flight.
- If you like to wear an eye mask on the flight make sure you buy a fashionably acceptable one. Monsoon does gorgeous collections and it is nice for follow passengers to pass their time away looking at you sleeping chic.
- If you want ‘sound eliminating’ earphones buy Swarvoski, their crystal collection looks like diamonds in your ears. I assure you, it makes you sleep the night away with just the right amount of bling.
- Overlooked aspect of your airport style is your carry case, it will state your image in seconds. Go for brown or black leather because it matches any outfit and makes you look sophisticated and chic.
- I have met so many people who have lost their expensive jewels whilst travelling. I highly recommend that you leave them back at home in a safe. Go for inexpensive fake jewelry, a simple watch, lots of bangles from Monsoon and earrings that can be taken off in a flash.
- Take cheap jewels its a fab excuse to highlight to your partner that a new piece of expensive jewelry is needed for the return flight.
- Last but not least, make sure you’ve always got your credit cards handy. If the worst happens and you lose your luggage, you can always buy a new wardrobe, which wouldn’t be that bad after all!